Camping in North Devon, off the beaten track…
The Best Campsite in North Devon?
You Decide… 😉
Explore Beautiful North Devon
Our campsite is a hidden gem, situated away from the hustle and bustle of busy roads. Located less than 2 miles from Barnstaple and a convenient 15-minute drive from the stunning sandy beaches of Saunton Sands, Croyde, and Putsborough, you’ll be captivated by the beautiful coastline of North Devon.
For nature lovers, the foothills and awe-inspiring landscapes of Exmoor National Park, are within easy reach for walks and cycling.
You’ll also find easy access to the renowned Tarka Trail and the Devon Coast to Coast route (National Cycle Network Route 27) and National Cycle Network Route 3 – perfect for exploring the great outdoors at your own pace.
When staying at Whitemoor Camping, you’ll also discover that the charming village of Bishops Tawton is just a pleasant stroll away. There, you can enjoy the vibrant atmosphere of a thriving traditional 15th century thatched inn serving great food for those days when you just don’t feel like cooking over an open fire or barbequing!
An Idyllic Retreat Where You Can Connect With Nature
Whitemoor Camping could just be the best campsite in North Devon. It has been meticulously designed to harmonise with the natural environment, inviting campers who appreciate and respect the countryside and its wildlife.
Whether you prefer a tent or camper van, with or without an awning, our campsite caters to your needs. Caravans can also be accommodated with prior arrangement.
A Family Friendly Camp Site in North Devon
Our camp field is vehicle-free, allowing ample space for your little ones to roam and play freely.
Surrounded by walks and cycle paths, there is always a reason for children to put down their phones and tablets and go adventuring in the great outdoors.
Whitemoor Camping really does provide the perfect setting for families to reconnect and embrace the beauty of the natural world.
Group Booking Welcome
We warmly welcome Families, Groups, Clubs, Associations, and Societies seeking to exclusively rent our entire campsite for a minimum duration of 2 nights.
Our facilities can comfortably accommodate a group size ranging from 35 to 50 individuals.
Try Our Exclusive Nearly Wild Camping Plot
Escape to Whitemoor Camping and immerse yourself in the beauty of the Taw Valley.
This plot is available for groups, friends, or families of 20 to 25 people who want to create lasting memories in their own private spot away from it all.
With no other people around, this secret part of our campsite becomes your personal wild camping area, allowing you to fully engage with the countryside and the great company you’re with. Read more about why we call it nearly wild camping!
Discover Luxury Glamping in North Devon
Lose yourself in the great outdoors without sacrificing comfort.
Enjoy a luxurious escape that guarantees privacy and tranquillity, allowing you to unwind and rejuvenate in style.
Nestled within its own fenced and gated plot, our 5-meter beautifully furnished Bell Tent provides an idyllic setting in it’s own unique glamping plot far away from the main site.
Whitemoor Camping offers:
- Big camping plots for tents.
- Utility block with mains flushing loos, hot shower, wash basin, wash-up area, shaving point, electricity mains plugs, outside cold water tap.
- Borehole providing beautiful, filtered natural Devon drinking water on tap.
- Open fire facility for cooking.
- Bonfire plot.
- A big Barn with furnishings and utilities for Functions and Parties.
- Ample car parking.
- A wild camping plot for a minimum of 20 people, secluded and by the river (by appointment only).
- Group Bookings to exclusively rent our entire campsite.
- Glamping in style in a private fully furnished Bell Tent.
- A rural camp site in the unspoilt Taw Valley.
Access to the Tarka Trail and National Cycle Network.
- 15 minutes from the beach.
- Nearby to Exmoor National Park/International Dark Sky Reserve.
- Hot evening meals available some nights.
- Barbecues – by prior arrangement.
- Bonfire Nights – by prior arrangement.
- Nature Talks & Walks – by prior arrangement.
- Let us create your Event, Party or Wedding Reception in our Barn or create it yourselves.
Immerse Yourself In The Beauty Of North Devon
Visit Whitemoor Camping and immerse yourself in the serene beauty of the Taw Valley. Surrounded by lush pastures grazed by sheep, we offer a rural retreat and uncrowded plots for tents in our main camp site.
We’ll let you decide!
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Suzy and James Conchie
Phone: 07860 180022 or 07966 882504
Find Us Using what3words
Campsites in North Devon
We’re listed on Lovecamping.co.uk
- Autumn Half Term Family Camping in North Devon
- Best Campsite For The Devon Street Food Festival
- North Devon Camping – At It’s Best!
- Wild Camping in North Devon
- The Perfect Small Wedding Venue In North Devon
- Micro Wedding Venue in North Devon
- Small, Intimate Wedding Venue in North Devon
- Elopement Weddings in North Devon
- Nearly Wild Camping in North Devon
- Luxury Glamping in North Devon at Whitemoor Camping