Camping in North Devon off the beaten track…
Whitemoor Farm is set on a picturesque small farm overlooking the village of Bishops Tawton, just a couple of miles from the North Devon coast. It offers lovely views over the Taw Valley in a peaceful and tranquil setting surrounded by pasture, grazed by sheep.
Off the beaten track and away from traffic it is less than 2 miles from Barnstaple and 15 minutes drive from the beautiful sandy beaches of Saunton Sands, Croyde Bay and Putsborough Beach and also from the foothills and breath-taking scenery of the Exmoor National Park.
The site has been created in keeping with its natural environment and welcomes Campers with tents that respect and enjoy the countryside and wildlife and are sympathetic to the natural surroundings. Primarily designed for Tents and Camper Vans with or without Tents/Awnings, Caravans can be accommodated by prior arrangement. We welcome Families, Groups and Clubs of up to 30 people.
The village of Bishops Tawton is within walking distance and offers a thriving pub serving great food.
Whitemoor Camping offers:
- Big camping plots for tents.
- Utility block with mains flushing loos, hot shower, wash basin, wash-up area, shaving point, electricity mains plugs, outside cold water tap.
- Borehole providing beautiful, filtered natural Devon drinking water on tap.
- Open fire facility for cooking.
- Bonfire plot.
- A big Barn with furnishings & utilities for Functions and Parties.
- Ample car parking.
- A hidden camping plot for a minimum of 20 people, secluded and by the river (by appointment only).
- Hot evening meals available some nights.
- Barbecues – by prior arrangement.
- Bonfire Nights – by prior arrangement.
- Nature Talks & Walks – by prior arrangement.
- Let us create your Event, Party or Wedding Reception in our Barn or create it yourselves
- Beauty Treatments – by appointment.